Let’s roll up our sleeves and build something beautiful.
Here at Maki’s Inc, we not only maintain your property, we can also beautify it with a full range of softscaping and hardscaping services. Whether you’re looking to reseed or resod a damaged lawn, freshen up an existing garden, establish a rock garden, or build a retaining wall, path, patio or deck, we are your one-stop source.
Reseeding and Resodding
- Is your lawn or an area of your lawn very poor or overgrown with weeds? We can clear the area, spread fresh earth, and either spread and rake in grass seed or install rolls of new sod for an instant lawn.
- We lay sod either in late May-early June or in September-October. The Fall is the optimal time for this kind of work because the new sod will not be tested by the drought and heat of summer for three full seasons: Fall, Winter, and Spring. Either Spring or Fall is a good time, however, as long as you water properly post-installation.
- We include watering instructions with any re-seeding or re-sodding job we do to ensure you get the best result for your investment.
- Tired of weeds growing up in your gardens? Talk to us about weed control options such as our Garden Mulching Package or laying weed-blocker fabric and covering it with river rock. This not only eliminates weeds but also provides a beautiful accent to your yard and garden.
- Do you have an overgrown garden that is desperately in need of a make-over? It’s amazing what a difference replacing a few overgrown plants with new plantings, adding a clean border, and spreading some fresh earth and a layer of mulch can make to the beauty of your yard. For this kind of project, we are often in and out in a morning or a day at most, so it doesn’t have to break the bank or be a huge inconvenience. Your neighbours will be amazed at the overnight transformation!
- Are you looking for ideas to beautify your yard, solve a problem with an unsafe or unattractive landscape, or create more usable space for entertaining?
- Are you tired of grass encroaching on your gardens or paths? Garden edging or curbing is an attractive option.
- Looking to alleviate wear and tear on a high-traffic area of your lawn? We can install a path of stepping stones, flagstones, or interlock to accent your yard and alleviate traffic on your grass.
- Are you interested in a larger project such as steps and retaining walls, or a patio or deck installation? Here at Maki’s Inc, we have the design and construction expertise to make your dream a reality.
“Just got home… it looks fantastic! I LOVE it!! Exactly what I wanted! I even had a neighbour text me, before I had even seen it, to tell me how nice it looked. 🙂 “
“Because we cannot travel as others do because of illness, at least I decided I could find happiness when looking at our lawns and gardens, and the type of work that Maki’s did for me today has made it all worth it. When I often feel pretty “down”, I just look outside at the lovely job done at the front of the house and now at the wonderful new path to our shed and feel so very pleased.“
Tier 1 Consultation – $100
- Up to 45 minutes on-site consultation and design development with Nathan Maki – 20 years of landscaping experience.
- Itemized step-by-step plan to complete your entire project.
- Detailed supply list of all materials and quantities required for your project.
- Plan and supply list remains your own even if you choose another company or decide to DIY.
Tier 2 Consultation – $200
- All Tier 1 services
- A full-colour aerial view landscape design drawn to scale for your property.
- Opportunity to provide feedback and request changes to design plan.
- Up to two revisions of plan. (Subsequent revisions $50 per.)
- Plan, supply list, and design remain your own even if you choose another company or decide to DIY.